The Placement Year Entrepreneurship Scheme meant I could focus on my business for a year and use it as credit for my final year of University.Mehul Patel, Boston Shakers
Set up your own business
If you know that you want to set up your own business when you graduate, we can help you get a head start. Instead of opting for an industry placement in your university placement year, you can take advantage of the Placement Year Entrepreneurship Scheme.
We will provide you with a desk, a wide range of training, mentoring and support, and more.
The Enterprise and Innovation Academy provides office space and a wide range of training, mentoring and support to help you and your business, giving you the opportunity test your ideas and see how they work in a real business situation.
Why do a Placement Year?
- An accredited module towards your course.
- Access to a Business Advisor who will act as the equivalent of an employer, handling review meetings and the final appraisal.
- Access to workshops, events and competitions to help you get your business up and running.
- The opportunity to apply for ‘proof of concept’ funding, which can help you prove your idea.
- Hot desking and business address at the Enterprise and Innovation Academy.
- Leeds Chamber of Commerce membership and free access to many of their events.
- Networking via Café Connect and Leeds Enterprise Network.